13 September 2008

pictures-- alaska to montana

Danvers, Massachusetts / Mile 5,883 -- Sorry for the delay in getting these posted. Here's the just a teeny sampling of pictures from the first leg of the trip (more to come later-- unfortunately it's a little tedious uploading these to blogspot and getting them to stay put):

Feeding fry bread to Obama at the Alaska State Fair, Palmer


This is more or less what the Alcan looked like for the last two hours before the Canadian border.


The border: I am in Canada, Sam is in the U.S., Elise is in some kind of legal black hole.


Roadsize hazards in the Yukon: buffalo!

Liard River Hotsprings, BC, in all of their stinky glory


The Athabasca Glacier, which is along the road connecting Jasper and Banff National Parks


Lake Louise, Banff. The picture really doesn't do justice to the freaky blueness of the water. But I love how it looks like me, Elise, and the boat were photoshopped in.

I still like my "leaning piles of tiramisu" analogy. Left, pretty Banff scenery + me being a jackass. Right, a delicious dessert.


Our final morning in Banff.


The Continental Divide in Glacier National Park (Montana).

Along Going-to-the-Sun Rd. in Glacier. If you have a magnifying glass, you can see my car in the lower left.

Cheyenne graves at Little Bighorn (added in 1992 if I'm not mistaken).

No comments: